Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I've been "memed".

First of all, how do you pronounce that word, and what does it mean? Here are the rules as given: Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. Find the first 5 sentences. Post the next 3 sentences. Tag 5 people.

Here goes. Since our computor is in Phil's little computor room. And, since that room is full of "his stuff". And since he is a minister...the first book I picked up is "Holy Humor" Inspirational Wit & Cartoons by Cal & Rose Samra.

I have found the first 5 sentences (I don't think I'm suppose to write them, but I will).

First of all, the title is:
A PRAYER FOR HUMOR AND LONGEVITY

Dear Lord:
Grant me faith;
grant me hope;
Let good humor
help me cope

And here are the next 3 sentences:

Let me spread the love
you give
And find a peaceful

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'd like to post the rest of this poem. Just because. That's not cheating is it?

way to live.
Use my talents;
Bless my daring
To show others
Christian caring.
Build my friendships,
Grace, and levity,
But-----primarily----
Grant longevity.

Isn't it kind of funny that this would be the book that I would pick up? Not to mention that this is what is written on page 123? The pages before and after are cartoons. I love it!

Ok. I tag: Becky Arnold, Cassie Bolyard, Darren Williams, Ryan Watters and Jody Johnson

No comments: